Hope you're doing well. I am. Took some time off after 2 weeks of just. plain. silly. hours working. This 4 jobs plus band thing is a circus sometimes. But hey...better than a real job! :) On to the progress!
Alec's Revelator: Okay....first, the crappy news. The neck on the Revelator took a bit of a bend in the middle. Got some serious backbow all of a sudden. Good thing I checked it before I started leveling the frets. :-/ It's a thick neck made of grenadillo, so the truss rod wasn't doing much. Thought backbow might've been introduced when I fretted. So...pulled all the frets. Backbow still there. Drat. Gonna have to do some re-constructive surgery. More info as I figure out what to do with it.
Frank's guitar: top glued on and cut to shape. Pickup routes and neck pocket done. Working on getting the back and top level sanded so I can hit it with a roundover and then get the concave arm rest on. Truss rod channel routed, rod installed, fretboard glued on and routed to shape.
Ben's bass: Truss rod channel routed, rod installed, fretboard glued on and routed to shape. Did a quick mockup tonight before I called it a night to see how the woods will look together. Seems pretty righteous to me. :)
Tomorrow, planning on getting Ben's top level sanded and get the neck pocket routed. Probably start on the roundover and armrest as well. Got tons of pics for you. Feel free to leave comments...good, bad, ugly. Have a great night! [gallery]